Submarine Cable Protection System KT-SCP
It is a comprehensive system to protect submarine cables of KT international Submarine Network Operation Center, which is composed of submarine cable monitoring vessel tracking, manhole monitoring, and radar alarm system. After the adoption of this system, disconnection accidents of submarine cables became ‘Zero’ which had been cost 30 billion won annually.
- 1Searches the shortest distance, sea region, and warnings by inputting the location of a vessel and display the result on the map.
- 2Radar alarm system: Using AIS, gives warning to the vessel when it approaches cable, and send a SMS text message.
- 3SSTS (Satellite Ship Tracking Service) : Monitors the location and operation of submarine cable monitoring vessel, using Mugoonghwa Satellite.
- 4Manhole Monitoring System : Monitors water level and opening of manhole and send a SMS message.
- 5Integrated Management System : it is a system for the integration of tasks of Maritime Team in KT Submarine Base Station
- 6Risk Analysis System for KTSCP submarine cables : it is a system that analyzes the density of fishing boats around submarine cables by sea region and by their the working types.